Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Possession & Identity

Clothes are what you own, wear, see and want to have for most girls. They are a freedom of expression and a form of identity. I love clothes and love to shop. It's how I form my since of style and by being independent from other people. It's a certain style that I feel comfortable with and it's how I express my personality. It is not always about having the latest fashion trends or having the newest pair of Tory Burch Flats. It's about being your own person and creating a since of who you are through those clothes. Every one has a different since of identity and being creative through what you wear can have a positive reaction or negative depending on what you wear. I wear clothes that make me happy and that I enjoy being in. I also love bright colors because I feel that I am vibrate and outgoing person thats not afraid to show my true colors. However, I also love brand names and designer clothes and purchase them when I can afford them. There is nothing like walking out of a store with a bag full of cute clothes that you bought yourself. Clothes are very important in creating my since of identity and being who I am.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting comments. I'd be interested to know how you negotiate between brand names and non-brand names. For example, the post says that "it's not always about having the latest fashion trends or the newest pair of Tory Burch Flats." But then later on in the post, there's this: "I also love brand names and designer clothes and purchase them when I can afford them." These two quotes lead to these questions: when are brand names important and when are they not? Under what circumstances? For what kinds of clothes? When and why do you find satisfaction (and meaning) in non-brands and when can you only find it in brands? Marketers would love to have the answers to these questions.

    ReplyDelete