Monday, October 18, 2010

My VALS

My primary VAL that I got was Experiencers. The Definition of Experiencers is: Experiencers are motivated by self-expression. Young, enthusiastic, and impulsive consumers, Experiencers quickly become enthusiastic about new possibilities but are equally quick to cool. They seek variety and excitement, savoring the new, the offbeat, and the risky. Their energy finds an outlet in exercise, sports, outdoor recreation, and social activities.Experiencers are avid consumers and spend a comparatively high proportion of their income on fashion, entertainment, and socializing. Their purchases reflect the emphasis that they place on looking good and having "cool" stuff. I would say that this fits my very well and was not surprised to get this as my primary VAL. My secondary VAL that I got was Innovators. Innovators are: Innovators are successful, sophisticated, take-charge people with high self-esteem. Because they have such abundant resources, they exhibit all three primary motivations in varying degrees. They are change leaders and are the most receptive to new ideas and technologies. Innovators are very active consumers, and their purchases reflect cultivated tastes for upscale, niche products and services.Image is important to Innovators, not as evidence of status or power but as an expression of their taste, independence, and personality. Innovators are among the established and emerging leaders in business and government, yet they continue to seek challenges. Their lives are characterized by variety. Their possessions and recreation reflect a cultivated taste for the finer things in life.

Both of these VALS fit me perfectly and I feel that they reflect my personality and also makes me realized that I have a lot going for me in my life. I have to be able to use my VALS and reflect it on my life project. After reading the definitions and understanding them I feel that my life project is on track and I will be able to do anything if I put my mind to it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Like most of your classmates, you are an Experiencier. The Innovator category also was a frequent finding. Now, tell the reader why these categories are such a good fit for you. The post nicely provides the definitions (should the reader not be familiar with them), but it doesn't explain why you fit in those groups.

    Finally, the post contains the comment that the VALS groups allow you to relect on your life project. Again, the reader needs to know in what ways? How does information about the VALS groups make you think that your life project is "on track"?

    In short, use the posts to provide your thinking -- not just the conclusions.

    ReplyDelete